Don’t wait until your LIM fails!
Line Isolation Monitors (LIMs) often fail or become inaccurate and/or unreliable due to age, wear and tear, or damage. Upgrading your outdated or non-functional LIM with a new replacement from PG LifeLink can extend the life of your existing system in cases where the transformers, panelboards, wiring, and other components still have useful service life. Upgrading your system will also help ensure compliance with NFPA 99 requirements.
Upgrades can be an economical alternative to replacing your entire Isolated Power System.
Benefits of upgrading your LIM
- Digital LIMs are more reliable and easier to use
- Many analog style LIMs have reached their life expectancy
- Older LIMs may no longer be serviceable due to component obsolescence
- Updating obsolete analog LIMs to the latest digital technology reduces required testing frequency from monthly to annual, per NFPA 99 Section 220.127.116.11.4
- Reduce maintenance costs and total cost of ownership
- Add LIM Connect capability with the PG LifeLink Mark V LIM
- Less expensive than replacing the whole Isolated Power System
- Avoid costly, time-consuming, and dirty construction activity in your OR
- Extend the useful life of your existing transformer and panelboard, if their capacity is adequate
PG LifeLink can also upgrade old Laser and X-ray Isolated Power Panels that are shared among multiple rooms. Upgrades provide Programmable Logic Control (PLC) for automatic selection of receptacles preventing overload or accidental shutdown of receptacles in use.
Is your IPS a good candidate for a LIM Retrofit?
- Has your LIM failed or been physically damaged?
- Are replacement parts for your LIM no longer available?
- Is your LIM built to a 2mA standard alarm point?
- Do you have an analog LIM?
- Does your LIM frequently sound nuisance alarms?
- Are you renovating your OR but prefer not to undergo major construction?
If you answered yes to these questions, contact PG LifeLink’s experienced application specialists for assistance in determining the best solution for your facility.
PG LifeLink offers pre-engineered retrofit kits for many popular legacy IPSs to bring your aging system up to date at a minimum of risk and expense. Our digital LIMs are built to the current industry-standard footprint to minimize mechanical compatibility issues and integrate with most existing systems. See details of a few common Retrofit Kits here.
Included in a typical LIM Retrofit Kit:
- New Line Isolation Monitor (LIM)
- New equipment manufacturer two year warranty
- Replacement wiring harness
- Replacement mounting bracket(s) and trim
- Provisions for existing Clock/Timer controls , if present
- Matching Remote Annunciator, if present
- Operation manual with wiring diagram
Recommended available options:
- Installation by a trained PG LifeLink Field Service Technician
- Inspection and testing of upgraded equipment per the NFPA 99 guidelines
- Supplementary training for facility personnel on system operation and maintenance
- Service performed by PG LifeLink Technicians includes a written Test Report with test data
Our engineers can help determine whether your system is a good candidate for an upgrade, and our trained technicians can perform the installation and recertify the system during the same visit. We also provide custom design services to develop a unique solution and custom retrofit kit for your particular equipment.