PG LifeLink’s Service Pedestals are made of high quality extruded aluminum and are configured to supply power, phone, data and service outlets (gas, air, vacuum) to the laboratory workbench area. Typically installed between the uprights, LabLink Serivce Pedestals provide convenient access to required services. Service Pedestals are designed to fit most laboratory benches including Kewaunee and Mott. Service Pedestals are available from provisions (cutouts) only to pre-wired to meet your needs.
Service Pedestal Benefits
- Fit between the uprights of most laboratory benches
- Durable and corrosion resistant material
- Combine electrical, data and communication into one system
- Custom configurations available
- Certified by ETL to UL and CSA standards
- Custom designs and lengths available to meet your project specifications
- Extruded from #6063-T5 corrosion resistant anodized aluminum alloy
- Configured to include power receptacles, phone and data connections as well as gas outlets (connector fitting only)
- 12" electrical pigtails provided for easy field connections
- 4 entrance holes standard: 7/8" for 1/2" conduit fittings
- Relief slots on either side for easy cover removal and accessibility to all devices
- Clear satin anodized finish
- Devices typically spaced 6" on center (minimum 4 1/2" on center) and are cover mounted
- Single circuit per channel is standard
- A barrier plate is available if separation is needed between services
- Receptacle options available:
- Simplex (straight blade or twist lock)
- Surge Suppression
- Communication holder with jacks (CAT 5e or CAT 6)
- Horizontally or vertically mounted
- Over 200 powder coated colors
- Bracket mounted devices secured to the raceway channel
- Hospital grade devices
Service Pedestals are available in the following LabLink Series Sizes:
* A “C” channel, measuring 1 1/4" x 5 1/2", is available to mount to the Series 252 extrusion body. This channel can be used when bench uprights are spaced at 5 1/2". The service pedestal mounts to the “C” channel, which is secured to the uprights of the bench.
** Series 355 cover is secured to body using retaining screws.
Visit Series Sizes for detailed dimensions.
Cover Installation/Removal: The relief slots on either side of the LabLink raceway body are used during the removal of the covers. For removal, carefully insert a wide blade into the slot. Apply steady pressure to dislodge the side of the channel from the cover. Avoid twisting of the blade which may damage cover. (See installation diagram)
Pedestal Mounting: After removing the cover to the Service Pedestal, continue attaching via screws to the lab bench. Once secured, snap the cover back onto the body.
For 355 Series: The cover plate of Series RW355 is secured using retaining screws in place of the standard snap fitting interface. To remove cover, simply remove the screws.
For 252 Series (using “C” channel tree rivets): Install extruded aluminum mounting bracket (“C” channel) between uprights using 4 each plastic tree rivets. Next, with covers removed, secure body to bracket (entrance holes down) using 4 each. #8 – 32 x ¼” screws and lock-washers.
Lastly, install wiring/plumbing as necessary and secure cover plates.
LabLink Service Pedestals are certified by UL to the following standards:
- UL 5 Standard for Surface Metal Raceway and Fittings
- CSA C22.2 No. 62 – 93 Surface Raceway Systems