The Enhanced IPL Isolated Power Panel includes an industry leading 6” back box depth, a concealed hinged front, and is designed to supply power to remote Laser Outlet Modules located in multiple procedure rooms from a single, centrally located panel. This panel is typically installed in a hospital operating room or other procedure room designated for laser procedures. This is a cost-effective way to provide high voltage output to multiple locations from a single panel.
Standard configuration includes a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) system. This system protects against accidental overload and allows power to be selectively provided to the location needed. The outlet is energized by opening the receptacle cover, activating the contact switch and signaling the panel PLC to power the circuit. Once energized, the circuit is locked on until the device is disconnected and the cover is closed. The lockout feature can also limit the number of energized outlets, allowing the hospital to control the number of laser procedures performed at any one time.
Up to 12 outlets can be connected to the Enhanced IPL Panel. The number of energized outlets operated simultaneously is determined by the transformer capacity and the distance of outlet locations from the panel. The PLC protects against overloading the panel transformer. For more information, see design recommendations here.
kVA Size Options
Back Box Size
All Enhanced IPL Isolated Power Supply Systems include:
Hospital Grade Isolation Transformer:
- Supplies up to 12 each (208 or 240V, 30 or 50A) circuits for cord-connected, portable laser device loads
- Standard sizes for each section range from 15 to 25kVA for portable laser devices
- Primary voltages: 480, 277, 240, 208, and 120* VAC
- Secondary voltages: 240, 208, and 120** VAC
- Low leakage, electrostatically shielded primary and secondary windings
- 220°C Class R Insulation
- Clamped and bolted design with anti-vibration mounting bushings for quiet operation
- Designed and built in accordance with UL and CSA Standards
- 50Hz available (optional)
*120V primary not available for IPD and IPL panels
**120V secondary not available for IPL panels
Mark V Line Isolation Monitor (LIM):
- Continuous hazard current monitoring
- Digital processing with self-test/self-calibration feature
- Large, multi-line LCD simultaneously displays all critical system parameters
- LIM mounted to hinged front for easy access
- Multiple remote annunciator options available
- Optional transformer temperature and load monitoring
- Optional LIM-Connect™ Software
- Interior chassis built to order, fully assembled in the factory, and 100% tested
- Primary main circuit breaker
- Up to 12 factory installed 120V, two-pole, bolt-on branch circuit breakers*
- Copper ground bus
- Terminal strip for connecting Remote Annunciator(s)
- Customer may specify standard circuit breakers from Eaton, GE, Siemens or Schneider Electric for consistent coordination or to maintain facility standard*
Enclosure and Trim:
- Heavy-duty galvanized steel back box designed for flush mounting; can be shipped ahead of interior during rough-in
- Stainless steel front trim panel with fully hidden hinged, door-in-door construction reduces damage and potential injuries during installation, testing, and maintenance*
- Surface mounting options available
Available Accessory Outlet:
- At least one Laser Outlet Module is required for each branch circuit supplied by an XTL panel.
- Laser Outlet Modules include a user specified NEMA receptacle, LIM Remote Annunciator, galvanized back box and a stainless steel front trim with hinged door over the laser receptacle
- Standard configuration includes a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) system.
- Optional non-controlled version available
- Optional “In-Use” light controls available
- Find more information on the Laser Outlet Module page
- Special low leakage wire should always be used for the powered conductors of branch circuit wiring. XPLE type insulation such as XHHW-2 wire is recommended with a dielectric constant of less than 3.5. Standard type insulation such as THHN is appropriate for the incoming primary and the ground wires only.
- The NEC (Article 517.160) requires secondary circuits to be colored brown and orange, with a distinctive stripe in a contrasting color. The brown wire is connected to the L2 bus and the hot side (brass screw) of a standard NEMA receptacle. The orange wire, L1 is connected to the silver screw where neutral would be connected. Polarity should be maintained throughout the installation.
- Conduit runs for branch circuits should be as short and direct as possible to minimize accumulated leakage current in the circuit conductors. Generally, 400‐450 feet is the maximum recommended cumulative length of for all branch conductors from a single transformer. Avoid unnecessary bends and junctions.
- Do not use pulling compounds to lubricate inside of conduit. This will break down the insulation properties and raise leakage current. A dry talc powder may be used. It is typical to use conduit with a slightly larger diameter to ease pulling and avoid damage to wire insulation. An interior coating of PVC may also be used.
- Isolated power circuits must be kept separate from other circuits. Do not share conduit or raceway with non‐isolated circuits, or isolated circuits from another system.
- Each receptacle and equipment grounding connector must be connected back to Reference Ground Bus inside Isolation Panel to maintain Equipotential grounding system. If multiple panels serve the same space, they must be bonded together.
- See additional panel installation instructions and diagram here.
PG LifeLink Isolated Power equipment is designed, built, and tested in accordance with the following:
- UL 1047, UL 1022, UL 50
- CSA C22.1 Part 1, and CSA C22.2 No. 204
- IBC (2012), AC156 (2010), ASCE 7-10
- OSHPD (State of California), OSP-0210-10
PG LifeLink Isolated Power Panel Seismic Certification document for standard power panels. Certification in progress for enhanced panel line.
*Only PG LifeLink offers this as standard
or Contact Us at 800.287.4123