The Plus Series IPX-P Duplex Isolated Power Supply System contains two separate hospital Isolated Power Systems within one enclosure and includes a concealed hinged front. The IPX-P operating room power system simplifies installation, maximizes available space, and provides up to 32 branch circuits to a single room. The dual feed design has an internal separation barrier and is suitable for distributing both normal and emergency circuits from one enclosure.
The Plus Series IPX-P Duplex Power Panel is typically used in hospital operating rooms and other wet procedure locations with load requirements exceeding 10kVA, or 16 circuits. Any combination of transformer sizes up to 20kVA total capacity can be specified. Secondary voltage output is typically 120V however, higher voltage output on either side is possible.
Included with Panel
- All previously listed features with IPP-P
- Reduces space in installation complexity
- Internal separation barrier allows either Critical and Normal or two critical branch feeds on separate feeder circuits
- Optional accessory device plate
Back Box Size
Select above required kVA sizes for each side of system.
All Plus Series IPX-P Isolated Power Panels include:
Hospital Grade Isolation Transformer:
- Standard sizes for each section range from 3 to 10 kVA or up to a combined maximum
of 20 kVA
- Primary voltages: 480, 277, 240, 208, and 120* VAC
- Secondary voltages: 240, 208, and 120** VAC
- Low leakage, electrostatically shielded primary and secondary windings
- 220°C Class R Insulation
- Clamped and bolted design with anti-vibration mounting bushings for quiet operation
- Designed and built in accordance with UL and CSA Standards
- 50Hz available (optional)
*120V primary not available for IPD and IPL panels
**120V secondary not available for IPL panels
SafeDetec® Line Isolation Monitor (LIM):
- State-of-the-art all digital Total Hazard Current measurement
- Advanved filtering and noise suppression for improved accuracy and reliability
- High contrast 40-character LED display for better visibility and viewing angle
- Universal 120-240 VAC power input allows LIMs to be directly Interchanged from 120V to 208V/240V laser panels without changing the internal jumper or switch settings
- Additional parameters can be displayed on the user interface for more advanced troubleshooting, such as L1 and L2 line-to-ground voltages, insulation resistance, and insulation capacitance
- Increased memory allows more log entries and a longer history of LIM data
- Interior chassis built to order, fully assembled in the factory, and 100% tested
- Primary main circuit breaker
- Up to 32 factory installed 120V, two-pole, bolt-on branch circuit breakers*
- Copper ground bus
- Terminal strip for connecting Remote Annunciator(s)
- Customer may specify standard circuit breakers from Eaton, GE, Siemens, or Schneider Electric for consistent coordination or to maintain facility standard*
Enclosure and Trim:
- Heavy-duty galvanized steel back box designed for flush mounting; can be shipped ahead of interior during rough-in
- Stainless steel front trim panel with fully hidden hinged, door-in-door construction reduces damage and potential injuries during installation, testing, and maintenance*
- Surface mounting options available
- Special low leakage wire should always be used for the powered conductors of branch circuit wiring. XPLE type insulation such as XHHW-2 wire is recommended with a dielectric constant of less than 3.5. Standard type insulation such as THHN is appropriate for the incoming primary and the ground wires only.
- The NEC (Article 517.160) requires secondary circuits to be colored brown and orange, with a distinctive stripe in a contrasting color. The brown wire is connected to the L2 bus and the hot side (brass screw) of a standard NEMA receptacle. The orange wire, L1 is connected to the silver screw where neutral would be connected. Polarity should be maintained throughout the installation.
- Conduit runs for branch circuits should be as short and direct as possible to minimize accumulated leakage current in the circuit conductors. Generally, 400‐450 feet is the maximum recommended cumulative length for all branch conductors from a single transformer. Avoid unnecessary bends and junctions.
- Do not use pulling compounds to lubricate inside of conduit. This will break down the insulation properties and raise leakage current. A dry talc powder may be used. It is typical to use conduit with a slightly larger diameter to ease pulling and avoid damage to wire insulation. An interior coating of PVC may also be used.
- Isolated power circuits must be kept separate from other circuits. Do not share conduit or raceway with non‐isolated circuits, or isolated circuits from another system.
PG LifeLink Isolated Power equipment is designed, built, and tested in accordance with the following:
- UL 1047, UL 1022, UL 50
- CSA C22.1 Part 1, and CSA C22.2 No. 204
- IBC (2012), AC156 (2010), ASCE 7-10
- OSHPD (State of California), OSP-0210-10
PG LifeLink Isolated Power Panel IBC 2018 Seismic Certification - For more information, click here.
*Only PG LifeLink offers this as standard
or Contact Us at 800.287.4123