Don’t wait until your LIM fails!
Isolated power panel upgrades will maintain compliance with NFPA 99 requirements. Line Isolation Monitor upgrades and retrofits are economical alternatives to replacing your entire Isolated Power System. Line Isolation Monitors (LIMs) fail or become inaccurate and/or unreliable due to age, wear and tear, or damage. Upgrading your outdated or non-functional LIM with a new replacement from PG LifeLink can extend the life of your existing system. In cases where the transformers, panelboards, wiring, and other components still have a useful service life. Upgrading your system will maintain compliance with NFPA 99 requirements. Line Isolation Monitor upgrades are an economical alternative to replacing your entire Isolated Power System.
Benefits of upgrading your LIM
- Digital LIMs are more reliable and easier to use
- Analog style LIMs have reached their life expectancy
- Older LIMs may no longer be serviceable due to component obsolescence
- Updating obsolete analog LIMs to the latest digital technology reduces required testing frequency from monthly to annual, per NFPA 99 Section 184.108.40.206.4
- Reduce maintenance costs and total cost of ownership
- Less expensive than replacing the entire Isolated Power System
- Avoid costly, time-consuming, and lengthy OR downtime with complete system replacements
- Extend the useful life of your existing Isolated Power System
PG LifeLink can also upgrade older laser and x-ray Isolated Power Panels that are shared among multiple rooms. Upgrades provide Programmable Logic Control (PLC) for automatic selection of receptacles preventing overload or accidental shutdown of receptacles in use.
Is your IPS a good candidate for a LIM Retrofit?
- Has your LIM failed or been physically damaged?
- Are replacement parts for your LIM no longer available?
- Is your LIM calibrated to a 2mA standard alarm point?
- Do you have an analog LIM?
- Does your LIM frequently generate nuisance alarms?
- Are you renovating your OR but prefer not to install new Isolated Power Systems?
If you answered yes to these questions, contact PG LifeLink’s experienced application specialists, available in all 50 states and Canada, for assistance in determining the best solution for your facility.
PG LifeLink offers pre-engineered retrofit kits for many popular legacy Isolated Power Systems for all brands to bring your aging system up to date at a minimum of risk and expense. Our digital LIMs are built to the current industry-standard footprint to minimize mechanical compatibility issues and integrate with most existing systems.
Included in a typical LIM Retrofit Kit:
- New Line Isolation Monitor (LIM)
- New equipment manufacturer two-year warranty
- New wiring harness
- New mounting bracket(s) and trim
- Provisions for existing Clock/Timer controls, if present
- New Remote Annunciator, if present
- Operation manual with wiring diagram
Highly recommended available options:
- Installation by a trained PG LifeLink Field Service Technician
- Inspection and testing of upgraded equipment per the NFPA 99 guidelines
- Supplementary training for facility personnel on upgraded system operation and maintenance
- Service performed by PG LifeLink Technicians includes a written test report
Our service team can help determine whether your system is a good candidate for an upgrade, and our trained technicians can perform the installation and recertify the system during the same visit. We also provide custom design services to develop a unique solution and custom retrofit kit for your particular equipment.
Click below to view examples of different types of retrofits we have installed throughout the nation.
or Contact Us at 800.287.4123